[mythtv-users] New Mac OS X Build Process--MacPorts

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Aug 22 01:16:26 UTC 2012

Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> says:
> As JYA mentioned, the Perl/Python bindings would need special
> handling.

Yes, there was a misunderstanding on my part. I noticed after
upgrading to 0.25 that Jean-Yves' prebuilt Mac frontend couldn't find
the metadata grabber scripts, and after reading a brief mention in a
mailing list message on the topic believed that it didn't ship with it
(just as it doesn't ship with, say, MythWeather). I found the same
thing happened with the MacPorts frontend, and not until I read your
and Jean-Yves' discussion in this thead (and found
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/509643#509643) did
I realize that it is an issue common to all Mac releases, packaged in
.app or not.

> In the frontend, go into Setup>Setup>Appearance and change the Paint
> Engine to Qt.

It indeed fixed the issue.

> However, you'll likely get a blank screen, maybe saying "Please
> Wait", if you try to watch videos with the Qt painter.  See
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10469

Confirmed. I'd never used the Qt painter on the Mac so had no
knowledge of the bug's existence. How strange that both painters are
broken in different ways; thank goodness there is no overlap, eh?

While I have you on the line: May I request an AppleScript similar to
Myth_Start_Stop for mythjobqueue?

--
MythTV FAQ Q: "Cheap frontend/backend?" A: Revo, $200-300 @ Newegg
Q: "Record HD cable/satellite?" A: Hauppauge HD-PVR, $200 @ Newegg