[mythtv-users] Recordings from nonexistent channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 17 13:48:44 UTC 2012

On 08/17/2012 04:35 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> On 08/06/2012 08:32 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 08/06/2012 10:02 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
>>> So I will now change my grabbers's configuration files
>>> to only grab metadata for channels I actually subscribe
>>> to, and I'm sure that this will solve the problem.
>> Jan, this sounds like a good theory.  We do have some plans for changes
>> to make the visible flag work more like people expect it to work
>> (basically turning it into a "disabled" flag), which could actually
>> allow you to use it like you have been trying.  The behavior you're
>> seeing makes me think we should look at making that change sooner rather
>> than later.
> The issue has not occurred again since I made this change 10 days ago,
> so I'm calling this solved.

Good.  I'm glad you've solved it.  I apologize for not getting a chance
to look over your database, yet (been a busy few weeks), but I don't
think I would have flagged that as an issue, anyway.

I know that in working on master, Stuart Morgan found that sometimes a
race between the EIT scanner's channel change and the recording's
channel change caused the EIT scanner's to end up going last.  Were you,
by any chance, allowing EIT updates for those channels?  I think Stuart
and Daniel K. got the race fixed for master, so chances are 0.26 will
work more like before with the visible flag.  But, since it was not
designed to be a "disabled" flag (though that's where we're likely to
take it, eventually), you may be safest with the current configuration.

Mike