[mythtv-users] Recordings from nonexistent channels

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 16:33:13 UTC 2012

On 08/17/2012 03:48 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 08/17/2012 04:35 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
>> The issue has not occurred again since I made this change 10 days ago,
>> so I'm calling this solved.
>
> Good.  I'm glad you've solved it.  I apologize for not getting a chance
> to look over your database, yet (been a busy few weeks), but I don't
> think I would have flagged that as an issue, anyway.

Hi Mike. Don't apologise; you're in no way obligated to provide support,
yet you do so on many occasions.

> I know that in working on master, Stuart Morgan found that sometimes a
> race between the EIT scanner's channel change and the recording's
> channel change caused the EIT scanner's to end up going last.  Were you,
> by any chance, allowing EIT updates for those channels?

No, I'm recording from digital cable using the composite video and
stereo audio outputs of two STBs connected to HVR-1900 capture devices.
No EIT anywhere to be seen.

If/when you look at my database you'll see that I also have two more of
these HVR-1900s that record from analogue cable. I didn't buy STBs for
all four of the HVRs. The channels available on analogue cable are a
subset of those available on the digital side, so these HVRs are still
useful. Still, no EIT here either.

Praps the issue could also have been resolved by adding another
condition to the WHERE clause in my power rules, i.e. one that looks at
the visible flag?

Still, I'm not using the metadata for channels that I can't record from,
so it's better all 'round not to grab it in the first place. More kind
on the listings source, for example.

Thanks, Jan