[mythtv-users] Mythutil message during playback

Paul Onley onley at att.net
Fri Aug 17 09:05:29 UTC 2012

>On 08/16/2012 11:51 PM, Paul Onley wrote:
>>
>> When I use mythutil to send a message to a frontend the message comes
>> up nicely centered in the GUI but is too large to fit on the screen
>> during playback. The larger the playback resolution the worse the
>> problem is. I had originally thought that there was no message
>> displaying on my 1280x720 frontend end because the popup was
>> completely off the screen but when I reduced the size to 640x480 about
>> half the message appears on the screen.
>>
>> This happens on both of my frontends which use completely different
>> hardware and drivers. Have I missed a setting somewhere?
>
>Is it still wrong sized if you use the VDPAU or OpenGL video renderer?
>(Change your Playback Profile group on the 3rd screen of Playback
>settings under Video in mythfrontend to test.)
>
>Mike

Hi Mike,

If I use OpenGL then the message displays properly on both frontends
however one of my frontends uses an older nvidia card that is only
supported by the nouveau driver which flickers badly with the OpenGL
renderer. I have tried all the different de-interlacers but have been
unable to get it to play smoothly. Although the video is smooth when any
OSD information is displayed so I think if I could find the right
setting it would work.

Is there a way to adjust the message size in "Normal" renderer?

VDPAU does not work with this driver as best I can tell.

Paul