[mythtv-users] Live TV playback frustration

mikkel at broerne.dk mikkel at broerne.dk
Fri Aug 10 12:46:42 UTC 2012

> But it just goes to show that there is no "right" usage pattern,
just
> as the other debate on the list at the moment about whether to
try and
> make a cool quiet BE/FE and save on one box, or to accept a
noisy bit
> ugly BE in a back room and use something small and quiet on
the FE in
> the lounge shows that there is no "right" answer there
either. What
> the debates do show is that we should all be prepared to
listen to
> other's usage patterns or hardware setups and be prepared to
change
> our ways if there is something that works better. Either that
or be
> prepared to submit bug reports and delve into the code to
submit
> patches, but that's not within everyone's ability.

I support the
statement that there is no right or wrong usage pattern. I my self am in
Denmark and have lived in a couple of different countries. TV viewing is
very different from country to country simply due to the difference in
what is available (Terre, Cable or Sat) the amount of TV and how you
would distribute it in-house.

And then we have our TV watching
habits... Similar to shopping habits... women will go to a million
stores in a day and we (men) will go to the store we think has what we
need and be back home i an hour. Children somewhere in between. Just
thinking of how much disk space I would need to support my wife's
TV-watching needs is like think of how much space her shoes would take
up if the stores where giving them away for free...

Myth is used
around the world and my guess is that very few (if any) commercial
products don't even come close to that. Devs should be proud of that!

I love myth and would not choose anything else, but that said livetv
must be stable otherwise I am dead meat :-D