[mythtv-users] HDPVR - no video. "Resource temporarily unavailable"

Joe Henley joehenley at kc.rr.com
Thu Aug 9 19:43:24 UTC 2012

> You configured the default input for the card to Television (which is
> the default default for ivtv devices, it seems).
>
> I highly recommend a Delete all capture cards and then re-configure.
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
>
> Mike
I think I have the same issue as the OP.  I did Mike's suggestion above,
but the results were the same as before.

cardid

videodevice

audiodevice

vbidevice

cardtype

defaultinput

audioratelimit

hostname

dvb_swfilter

dvb_sat_type

dvb_wait_for_seqstart

skipbtaudio

dvb_on_demand

dvb_diseqc_type

firewire_speed

firewire_model

firewire_connection

signal_timeout

channel_timeout

dvb_tuning_delay

contrast

brightness

colour

hue

diseqcid

dvb_eitscan

2

/dev/capture_HD-PVR

2

/NULL/

HDPVR

Television

/NULL/

Eddie.HENLEY

0

0

1

0

0

/NULL/

0

/NULL/

0

1000

12000

0

0

0

0

0

/NULL/

1

I'm running MythTV ver 0.25.2 (recent atrpms update from ver 0.25) on
Fedora ver 16.  I was careful to ensure that I did the input connections
from the HD-PVR component to the high def source.  But I still get the
"television" result for default input.

I don't know if it's relevant, but:
-My first input, #1, is a PVR-350, which is an ivtv card which also has
"television" for the default input.  In the Input Connections menu I
used "Tuner 1" for it.
- I had problems originally with the two inputs changing places (card id
numbers) so I set up a couple of udev rules to symlink /dev/video0 and
/dev/video1 to /dev/capture_PVR-350 and /dev/capture_HD-PVR, respectively.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Joe Henley