[mythtv-users] MythSocket(27f9020:71): readStringList: Error, timed out after 7000 ms

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 20:01:28 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 7:44 PM, Michael A Weber <mweberjunk01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Raymond--
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I finally stumbled upon #10265 that you listed and after I downgraded the qtwebkit, I am functioning again.
>
> I still would be interested in a solid fix for this so that I don't need to worry about mis-updating qtwebkit again.

I really am not sure why qtwebkit 2.1 is "bad", but you might want to
consider requesting Axel to build the latest qtwebkit (2.2.<mumble>)
to see if that fixes the problem (or build it yourself for testing).

2.1 was apparently claimed to be targeted at Nokia mobile devices
(no longer relevant now that Nokia is now winmobile, and has sold
off their remaining Qt assets), and 2.2 is targeted for mainstream
usage.  2.2 *might* be better.  Of course, maybe not.

Gary