[mythtv-users] Firewire-Ethernet-WiFi Dongle- beta tester needed

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 7 23:44:55 UTC 2012

On 07/30/2012 01:49 AM, sridhar sikha wrote:
> Guys
>
> I am making a dongle from Firewire to Ethernet - may be $70 or so
> there abouts - with possible EPG- browser plugins - for PC
> storing the streams -broadcast - as part of Mythtv dvr -
>
> looking for some beta testers in a about couple months - in the US for
> cable HD subscribers -
>
> any body interested - can reply to me - svsikha at yahoo.com - to give
> feedback on usability/performance/interoperability with Myth TV
>
> cheers

According to Daniel there are very few Firewire users. I don't actually
think so.
However I did but a firewire ISA card and it was not much more than $10,
so maybe nobody will want one that costs $70.

Anyway you can let me know more details. i am using firewire with
reasonable success, any improvements will be welcome. I keep finding
strange issues with some channels. Just now I found that BBCA HD and
Bloomberg HD fail because it cannot set a signal monitor, but if I
select another channel and manually change the set top box to BBCA or
Bloomberg then it records them fine.

Regards
Peter