[mythtv-users] mpeg2 to bluray disc

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 01:43:51 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Monkey Pet <monkeypet at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had a HDHomerun with my mythtv recording beautiful HD quality shows.  Now,
> i want to share it with my neighbor so I want to burn it to a 25GB bluray
> disc.  What's the easiest way to do this?

do you want to simply give him the mpeg file, or do you want to create
a bluray that will run in his bluray player?

if the former, surely it is as simple as writing any other file to an
optical drive (assuming doig that to a bluray disk is even possible in
linux, I have never looked into that.)

If the latyter, then you will need some authoring software that will
create the right file structures on the bluray, but may not need to
transcode because according to this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BD-ROM#Video mpeg2 codec seems to be
allowed on a bluray disk. I am pretty sure there is no bluray
authoring available for linux.