[mythtv-users] Problem with LiveTV from the EPG

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 4 13:48:23 UTC 2012

On 08/03/2012 08:19 PM, Thomas Boehm wrote:

> Are you serious? You're having a problem with MythTV and are concerned
> that an update will break your system? I don't understand that logic...

Yup - the problem I have is rather insignificant, to change channel from
the guide I have to exit the guide and then type a channel number.
Inconvenient, but I can survive the few extra button presses.

On the other hand, if I install an update and it introduces some bug
with recording so that my backend fails to record, then I am worse off.
MythTV is extremely complex and subject to a lot of strange errors (see
the number of posts in the mailing list), so some fix that helps in some
cases could cause a problem in other set-ups.

Anyway, I will try the update repository, on my frontend at first, and
see how it goes.