[mythtv-users] Alternatives to MythMusic in 0.25, has anyone already found one?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Apr 25 14:22:49 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 3:36 AM, Gordon McCrae <gordon.mccrae at gmail.com> wrote:
> This whole thing was covered in detail back in February, which I read
> through when I first tried out 0.25. There was a comment that the developer
> was not open to changing the playlist orientated direction of the code.
> Based on this, I've started looking for an alternative.
>
> I'm not blaming the developer, I'm not blaming anyone, I'm simply looking
> for an alternative because it's been made clear to me that what I want (the
> pre 0.25 functionality) is not coming any time soon.

Well, the other thing not coming back any time soon is that developer.
 Somebody needs to step up to the plate to take over maintenance of
MythMusic.  Maybe I'll do it, I don't know, but I really have no clue
what you guys are missing in terms of being able to play music without
a playlist.  The concept doesn't even make sense to me.  How can an
application play music without having at least an internal list of
what it's playing?

Eric