[mythtv-users] Alternatives to MythMusic in 0.25, has anyone already found one?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Apr 23 14:17:08 UTC 2012

On Mon, April 23, 2012 6:17 am, George Galt wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 6:43 AM, Jeppe Nejsum Madsen <jeppe at ingolfs.dk>
>>
>>> I wrote the original MythSqueezebox plugin.  It is based on the
>>> squeezeslave client found here:
>>> https://code.google.com/p/squeezeslave/  That client does not
>>> implement the streaming radio that you get with later versions of the
>>> squeezebox players and is basically akin to the original SliMP3
>>> player.
>>
>> I think it does now. At least the OSX version. I would think the linux
>> version does as well.
>>
> Thanks, I'll have to take a look.  If it does, then I can avoid the
> issue entirely.  I seem to recall that the current structure didn't
> lend itself to using the direct streaming model developed for players
> after the SliMP3, but things may have changed.  Also -- and this may
> have changed as well -- squeezeslave doesn't work well with using
> certain bit-rates.  I'll take a look.

I just got done setting up squeezeslave.  The streaming client is a piece
of cake; mplayer can do that.  If you want to control the volume from the
web interface then you need squeezeslave.

Here's my mini-writeup of what I did:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?94875-Streaming-volume-control

--
Q: How can you tell Spring is here in Oregon?
A: The rain is warmer.

My daughter is racing a triathlon to raise money for her swim team.
Please donate and keep kids off the sofa!

http://www.facebook.com/RiverRoadKids4Kids