[mythtv-users] Alternatives to MythMusic in 0.25, has anyone already found one?

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 13:17:37 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 6:43 AM, Jeppe Nejsum Madsen <jeppe at ingolfs.dk> wrote:
> George Galt <george.galt at gmail.com> writes:
>

> [...]
>
> I also gave up on Mythmusic (mostly because it doesn'w work well without
> the tv on) and went with a squeezebox setup.
>
> I never got squeezeslave working well with myth so ended up buying a
> bunch of used Squeezebox receivers (less $100 each) and using iDevices
> to control them. Works very nice.
>

>> I wrote the original MythSqueezebox plugin.  It is based on the
>> squeezeslave client found here:
>> https://code.google.com/p/squeezeslave/  That client does not
>> implement the streaming radio that you get with later versions of the
>> squeezebox players and is basically akin to the original SliMP3
>> player.
>
> I think it does now. At least the OSX version. I would think the linux
> version does as well.
>
> /Jeppe
>
> [...]

Jeppe:

Thanks, I'll have to take a look.  If it does, then I can avoid the
issue entirely.  I seem to recall that the current structure didn't
lend itself to using the direct streaming model developed for players
after the SliMP3, but things may have changed.  Also -- and this may
have changed as well -- squeezeslave doesn't work well with using
certain bit-rates.  I'll take a look.

Thanks,

George