[mythtv-users] Cutlist editor: recovery from operator malfunction

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 19 02:58:06 UTC 2012

On 04/18/2012 12:54 PM, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:21 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> When using the cutlist editor I sometimes mistakenly select both 'Cut to
>> Beginning' and 'Cut to End' from edit points that are very close together.
>>   If I recognise that I've done this I can recover inside the editor by
>> deleting one of the cuts or the entire cutlist, but once back to the Watch
>> Recordings screen it's difficult: playback starts and stops again before
>> changes can be made.
>>
>> The remedy I use is mythcommflag (or in 0.25 mythutil) --clearcutlist, but
>> that's outside the normal user repertoire.  May I suggest that it be added
>> as an option selectable via the screen Menu key?   Or is it lurking unseen
>> already?  User Job?
> It's a good idea to add a "Clear Cut List" item to some submenu in the
> Watch Recordings screen.
>
> In the meantime, you could probably add a custom user job that would
> allow you to run "mythutil --clearcutlist".
>
> Another possibility (I haven't tried it yet so this is just a guess)
> would be to try to get playback to pause immediately after starting.
> I believe if you press PAUSE during the ~2-second "Please Wait...."
> period of playback startup, the keypress should queue up and get
> processed right at startup.  At this point, there would be the
> opportunity to enter the cutlist editor.

Note, also, if you change:

Action on playback exit
  - Just exit
  - Save position and exit
  - Always prompt (excluding Live TV)
  - Always prompt (including Live TV)
  - Prompt for Live TV only
If set to prompt, a menu will be displayed when you exit playback mode.
The options available will allow you to save your position, delete the
recording, or continue watching.

to one of the "Always prompt" values, when you start playback and it
hits the end before you've gotten a chance to pause, it will
automatically pause and pop up a prompt.  You can then hit Esc to
dismiss the prompt, then EDIT to edit the recording and clear the edits.

Mike