[mythtv-users] Can I have dual audio out? Hdmi and spdif

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 07:20:11 UTC 2012

On 18 April 2012 06:42, Kevin Johnson <dabears_rule at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Please disregard the previous link.  I failed.
>

> Hi all.
> I have been searching for a while and cant quite come up with an answer.
> I have tried all possible settings in the audio setup section of mythtv.
> But I can never get both to output at the same time.
> I would like to be able to have the hdmi portion go to the tv, and the
> spdif go to my receiver at the same time?  Possible or no?
> I have a link to all my alsa information and kernel version here as there
> is a lot of info.
> I am using mythbuntu .24 with the latest fixes.
> Thanks to all.
>

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WHIwddBccgDOxNgkBVa2OPo77pzOIpHCfjSTd-aNOQM/edit

I am not 100% sure, but I think you can do something with a .asoundrc file
in your home directory.  I think it would have to be a system setting,
rather than a myth setting.  More information here:
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Asoundrc

 I'm sure Jean-Yves will have more info on this topic however!

Cheers

Martin