[mythtv-users] THIS IS A NON-COMMERCIAL MAILING LIST (WAS: Re: Torc for iOS - Application Submitted to the App Store for Review)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 02:01:18 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 01:43, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK so if someone else came on the list and said "hey Robert has
> submitted a great app to the apple store and because he has to cover
> some costs its gonna be $3.99, Here is his web page for info, and
> he'll answer any questions for you" that would be OK

And the *original* post was (approximately) that.  I think most
thought it OK.

> In short I see Robert's post more as announcement that advertisement.

Yes, it is sometimes a very fine line that we wish vendors to
not cross (between announcement and advertisement).  If
the post was a few liner with a reference for more information,
I believe the responses would have been much more muted.
That it was multiple paragraphs, followed by discussions
regarding capabilities by the vendor is what, in my opinion,
moved it across that line.  You clearly come down on the
other side.  We can agree to disagree.

Gary