[mythtv-users] Torc for iOS - Application Submitted to the App Store for Review

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 19:51:38 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 7:37 PM, Robert McNamara
> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Note that this application has no official relationship with the Torc
>> open source project, which is continuing quite nicely.  Since this is
>> a MythTV list, I won't discuss that here.
>
> Perhaps.  On the other hand there has already been multiple, often
> confused, posts on this list regarding Torc and more than one call for
> a somewhat official statement.  (E.g.
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/513593#513593 )
>
> Given that Torc doesn't have much of a home page right now, it might
> be a good idea to post something here, if for no other reason than to
> end further speculation on this list.  (Or, perhaps to put up a proper
> home page for Torc that has a FAQ list with answers, and then just
> post the URL here.)  A lot of us would like to better understand the
> reasons why the existence of Torc is necessary, and what the long term
> plans for both MythTV and Torc are in relation to each other.
>
> Eric

Well, I won't argue that the content isn't *that* complete, but there
is a page, and a forum:

http://www.torcdvr.com/
http://forum.torcdvr.com/

There are a number of reasons not to go into great detail here.
Suffice to say the conflicts are both personal and technical in
nature, and those of us on the Torc side of the fence don't want to
provoke a conflict or a "he said, she said" type of situation.  One of
the primary reasons for the fork is to leave behind exactly those
kinds of things.  I am/we are happy to try to address some of the
questions and concerns on the Torc forum, in the Torc IRC channels, or
any other place where I can be pretty sure it won't elicit a flamewar
or out of proportion response.  For purposes of this mailing list I'd
rather just address the technical questions as they pertain to using
Torc for iOS as a MythTV client.

Robert