[mythtv-users] Torc for iOS - Application Submitted to the App Store for Review

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Apr 16 19:42:09 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 7:37 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Note that this application has no official relationship with the Torc
> open source project, which is continuing quite nicely.  Since this is
> a MythTV list, I won't discuss that here.

Perhaps.  On the other hand there has already been multiple, often
confused, posts on this list regarding Torc and more than one call for
a somewhat official statement.  (E.g.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/513593#513593 )

Given that Torc doesn't have much of a home page right now, it might
be a good idea to post something here, if for no other reason than to
end further speculation on this list.  (Or, perhaps to put up a proper
home page for Torc that has a FAQ list with answers, and then just
post the URL here.)  A lot of us would like to better understand the
reasons why the existence of Torc is necessary, and what the long term
plans for both MythTV and Torc are in relation to each other.

Eric