[mythtv-users] Firewire Channel Changing Help

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Apr 16 04:03:44 UTC 2012

Carl Foner <foner at usa.net> says:
> When I try changing channels, I get the following message:
>
> Could not find Motorola DCT-6200 on the 1394 bus.

6200ch requires specifying either 1) the node and port/host adapter,
or 2) GUID of the FireWire box you want to talk to. GUID is
preferable, as nodes can change during reboot. 'sudo plugreport'
provides the necessary data. If it says something like

     Host Adapter 0

     [...]

     Node 2 GUID 0x000d7abcde123456
     ------------------------------
     oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63 [*]

[*] Has nothing to do with TV channels

then the command line is either

     sudo 6200ch -g 0x000d7abcde123456 70 # 70 = the channel to tune to

or

     sudo 6200ch -n 2 -p 0 70 # 70 = the channel to tune to

If these directions don't work, recheck the vendor and model ID you
compiled in.

--
MythTV FAQ Q: "Cheap frontend/backend?" A: Revo, $200-300 @ Newegg
Q: "Record HD cable/satellite?" A: Hauppauge HD-PVR, $200 @ Newegg