[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect not working

Jim Jim.Herold at comcast.net
Mon Apr 16 01:56:07 UTC 2012

>On 04/15/2012 07:45 PM, Jim wrote:
 >> I upgraded to mythtv 0.25 on Friday. Since then I've been unable to
 >> get updated guide data. A packet capture shows a 401 unauthorized
 >> error coming back from the tms server.
 >>
 >> So far I've tried ;
 >>
 >> 1. deleting and recreating my lineup on the Schedulesdirect.org site.
 >> 2. Deleting and recreating the Video Source through mythtv-setup
 >> 3. Deleted and recreated all tuners and reassociated with the video
 >> source.
 >>
 >> Retrieve Lineups from the Video Source Setup screen also fails.
 >>
 >> How can I troubleshoot this further?
 >
>There's always one 401, which should be followed by a good login.
 >
>You should look at your mythfilldatabase logs--and if you don't get any,
>you'll need to update your system configuration to do proper logging for
>0.25.http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logging
 >
>Mike

Sorry 'bout the inappropriately fashioned reply.  I wasn't subscribed to
the list in a way I could just reply, but am now.

The logging is working but only shows the following:

     2012-04-15 20:34:36.364556 I  DataDirect: Grabbing listing data
     2012-04-15 20:34:36.364631 I  Downloading DataDirect feed
     2012-04-15 20:34:46.433062 E  DataDirect: Failed to get data:
Download error
     2012-04-15 20:34:46.433085 E  Encountered error in grabbing data.

which isn't particularly helpful.  I can only see the 401 in packet
captures, and the same packet also says "HTTP authentication required".

I've also confirmed I can get www.schedulesdirect.org/getdata with no
issues, and have tried changing the Schedules Direct username and
password.  Still won't work.  This has only been an issue since the 0.25
upgrade.