[mythtv-users] UK DVB-S Channel Numbering

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Apr 9 16:24:59 UTC 2012

At 16:57 +0100 9/4/12, Chris Lewis wrote:
>Hi
>
>After another channel scan of 28.2E after the latest shuffle of
>channels i find myself again in the position where i have multiple
>copies of some channels (some don't seem to work, some are regional
>etc) and I have spenyy hours yet again getting the channel numbers
>correct.
>
>What do other UK users out there do?  It would seem to me some king
>of sql script to update the channel name and number (including call
>sign and XMLTVID where required) is the best way to go.
>
>Now I've
>seen <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/UK_Channel_Assignments>http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/UK_Channel_Assignments and
>the scripts there but they dont cover the entire range of FTA
>channels from what i can see.

You have to update these scripts to suit your tastes and deal with
changes since they were posted.
You may also want to look at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_editing_script which is a
slightly different variation I wrote - it sets XMLTV ids etc as well.

Not sure about the multiple channels though - I've only got freeview,
not freesat. If you can work out what's-what, then you may have to
adapt the script again to exclude channels on certain transports.
Something along the lines of :

delete from channels where callsign='something' and transport='something else';

Or you may have to join the channel and transport tables, so you can
delete based on certain transport characteristics
(frequency/band/polarisation/whatever). Something along the lines of
(but bear in mind my SQL is rather rusty, and I learned a different
syntax) :
delete from channels
where callsign='something'
and exists (select * from transport