[mythtv-users] Easy Question: Plug and Play IR for MythTV?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 05:04:10 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 5:16 AM, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:
> On 12-03-30 10:43 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
> ..
>> http://rtr.ca/sapphire_remote/
> ..
>> Speaking of which.. I just updated the driver about an hour ago
>> to include support for CTRL / ALT / META / SHIFT modifiers.
>
> And.. one more (final?) update for now:
> New in version 2.1:
>
> -- All buttons now send something, making them easier to customize
> inside Mythtv's "Edit Keys" menu.
>
> -- Nearly all buttons now do exactly what the label suggests,
> including the Language, CC, etc.. buttons that were previously unmapped.
>
> -- The driver can now distinguish between "short" and "long" presses,
> and send different keycodes in response to each.
>
> That last feature is used to assign dual functionality to the MUTE button.
> A short press/release (or tap) of the button sends "Mute" to Mythtv,
> but a longer press/hold (one second) sends a different keycode,
> which I herehave mapped (Mythtv "Edit Keys") to "Toggle AudioSync".
>
> This is very convenient, since I find I'm continuously needing to
> adjust the Audio Sync for various content playback, and there was
> no obvious button to remap for that purpose on the remote.
> Now there is!  Just press and hold MUTE until the onscreen pop-up appears!

I am using 2.2, and this does not seem to work for me. Mute works,
press and hold does nothing.

dmesg tells me it is definitely version 2.2 loaded.

I am curious about your comment above "press/hold (one second) sends a
different keycode, which I here have mapped (Mythtv "Edit Keys") to
"Toggle AudioSync"."

Is there something I need to do in frontend Edit Keys screen? If so,
what exactly do I map to TOGGLEAUDIOSYNC ? In your source code it says
MYTHTV_AUDIOSYNC - do I put that in the edit keys setup?