[mythtv-users] Easy Question: Plug and Play IR for MythTV?

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Wed Apr 4 17:16:15 UTC 2012

On 12-03-30 10:43 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
..
> http://rtr.ca/sapphire_remote/
..
> Speaking of which.. I just updated the driver about an hour ago
> to include support for CTRL / ALT / META / SHIFT modifiers.

And.. one more (final?) update for now:
New in version 2.1:

-- All buttons now send something, making them easier to customize
inside Mythtv's "Edit Keys" menu.

-- Nearly all buttons now do exactly what the label suggests,
including the Language, CC, etc.. buttons that were previously unmapped.

-- The driver can now distinguish between "short" and "long" presses,
and send different keycodes in response to each.

That last feature is used to assign dual functionality to the MUTE button.
A short press/release (or tap) of the button sends "Mute" to Mythtv,
but a longer press/hold (one second) sends a different keycode,
which I herehave mapped (Mythtv "Edit Keys") to "Toggle AudioSync".

This is very convenient, since I find I'm continuously needing to
adjust the Audio Sync for various content playback, and there was
no obvious button to remap for that purpose on the remote.
Now there is!  Just press and hold MUTE until the onscreen pop-up appears!

Similarly, the Red/DVD/VCD button normally starts the DVD Playback,
but pressing/holding it will bring up the DVD Root Menu (if playing a DVD).

Those are the only two buttons I've mapped for dual functionality,
but it's pretty easy to add more by just editing the remapping table
inside the driver.

Cheers
Mark