[mythtv-users] Playback problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 2 17:38:59 UTC 2012

On 04/02/2012 01:21 PM, Daniel wrote:
> Hi,
> I've seen a similar problem on my setup using VDPAU and only on certain
> channels (with a highly compressed video stream). I tried several different
> solutions (e.g. adjusting X-server settings, vdpau-options). What finally
> helped me out was to upgrade to 0.25 and select OpenGL video decoding. The
> rendering could be left at VDPAU without problems.

I think you mean ffmpeg/standard decoding with VDPAU render.  (Since
VDPAU is both a decoder and renderer and OpenGL is only a renderer and
ffmpeg/standard is a decoder.)  :)

FWIW, I'm using the same setup (ffmpeg/standard decoding and VDPAU
rendering) with 0.24-fixes because I got occasional glitches
(blockiness/pixelation and stutter and pauses) using VDPAU decoding.
Playback is perfect when I don't use VDPAU for decoding.  I assumed it
was slightly-glitchy video or some issue VDPAU has with the particular
encoding options used by my broadcasters.

Mike