[mythtv-users] Audio questions

Tom Wright tom-mythtv at tomonica.net
Tue May 31 19:13:52 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 31 May 2011 00:06:51 Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> An option has been added to set the value per frontend... Not sure if
> this is only in master or also in fixes/0.24

I can't see it in my copy, but it's good to know that it's on the way.

> A possible solution is have all the stereo go to a particular output;
> and the digital passthrough audio goes to another device (not both at
> the same time).

Thanks for that - hadn't spotted that option and it works fine.  Games etc. are
all stereo anyway, so I've set the ALSA default device to go via the TV, and
will remember to switch the audio receiver to the direct output of the
computer when watching surround sound videos.

Thanks for your help!

Tom