[mythtv-users] Audio questions

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon May 30 23:06:51 UTC 2011

Hi

On 31 May 2011 02:44, Tom Wright <tom-mythtv at tomonica.net> wrote:
> and sounds fine *but* the TV has a picture processing delay of ~200ms so it's
> out of sync.  It's possible to change the delay within MythTV but as far as I
> can see (and correct me if I'm wrong), but you have to do this every time I
> want to watch something.

An option has been added to set the value per frontend... Not sure if
this is only in master or also in fixes/0.24

> - Duplicate output from the computer to the HDMI and optical output.  That
> way, as most things are stereo they can be watched with the sound going
> through the TV, without the delay needing to be adjusted, and I can adjust the
> delay manually in MythTV each time I want to watch something with surround
> sound.

A possible solution is have all the stereo go to a particular output;
and the digital passthrough audio goes to another device (not both at
the same time).

You do this by setting a ALSA device for the default audio output; and
in the advanced audio setup set a different output for the passthrough
device.
In the advanced section; also check StereoPCM... So AC3 re-encoding is
always done properly with spdif.

Make sure upmixing is disabled...