[mythtv-users] VDPAU and xvid

Zuriel elpinkus at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 02:07:30 UTC 2011

I have an atom / ion2 frontend that's using software decoding for transcoded xvid recordings. VDPAU hardware decoding works fine on un-transcoded mpeg2 recordings.

The next gen Ion in this system supports MPEG4_PART2_ASP according to vdpauinfo.

Everything in the frontend's log looks fine except:

VidOutVDPAU: Created VDPAU context (software decode)

Is Myth supposed to be using hardware decoding for xvid? And, if so, how can I make it work? The Atom chip *can* manage software decoding of xvid content, but it really needs all the help it can get.