[mythtv-users] Mything thomething

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sat May 28 02:39:33 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 7:31 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> be.  But since there's no reasonable way to back out an upgrade, what
> can you do, when you "upgrade it", and it goes in the toilet?

It mostly depends on your definition of reasonable, I guess.  MythTV
backs up the database automatically any time the schema changes, and
version upgrades are no exception.  So you'd go into your "Default"
storage group, see the .sql.gz file dated/timestamped when you did the
update, and restore that.  More specifically, you'd:

1) Stop the mythbackend service
2) install the packages for the old version of MythTV
3) restore the database backup which was automatically created by
following the steps at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore
4) Restart the backend
5) There is no step 5