[mythtv-users] 0.24.1 and IVTV Cards

Matthew Daubenspeck daubenspeckm at zimbra.nwlehighsd.org
Thu May 19 19:30:33 UTC 2011

I have an Arch Linux based Myth backend that works fine with 0.24 (using Arch Package community/mythtv 1:0.24-2). When upgrading to 0.24.1 (Arch Package community/mythtv 1:0.24.1-1) it seems that I can no longer select IVTV as a tuner type. My 4 HDHR tuners are still there and functioning, but it labels the IVTV cards as MPEG, and they no longer show up in mythweb under the "Encoder Status" page. If I delete them and try to re-add, IVTV isn't an option anymore.

I checked the 0.24.1 release logs, and I don't see anything which would remove that, and I checked the configure options for the Arch package, and I see --enable-ivtv is there, assuming that is all that is needed.

Reverting to 0.24 works perfectly with the same exact setup. The backend log shows nothing important, even with all verbose bumped up.

Is this a possible Arch package problem, or something related to the upstream release?

Thanks for the help.

--
 Matthew Daubenspeck
 Systems and Network Administrator