[mythtv-users] Problem with MythTV 0.24-fixes, ticket 9769

AGELATOS Athanasios Athanasios.Agelatos at intrasoft-intl.com
Tue May 10 08:21:30 UTC 2011

Hi all

This is related to #9769 (mythpreviewgen crash; HDHomeRun; DVB-T; mythbuntu 11.04 (natty) x86_64) – MythTV <http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9769> .

I’m writing here because the ticket is left as-is for the last 1 ½ day and is probably not looked at because priority is set to ‘minor’ by mistake.

The situation comes like this: I’ve recently upgraded from Gentoo+MythTV 0.21 (with little but 100%working functionality) to Mythbuntu 64bit + 0.24fixes and a serious WAF showstopper. I’ve been trying to find a solution for the last 2-3 nights to no avail and I’m now starting to panic, since this was a machine heavily used by Wife to view/record/etc shows.

The mythbuntu is 11.04 (natty) and 64 bit, this is a C2D @ 2.66GHz with NVidia GT240, latest drivers as they come with mythbuntu 11.04 and VDPAU enabled. Tests done with VDPAU show that it works without any problem and very low utilization of CPU (less than 3-4% total on 1080p streams)

The problem is only on LiveTV and not recording, and it was initially manifesting as a crash on mythpreviewgen but lately (with latest v0.24-259-g475f612) I can no longer see a segmentation fault in the logs. However, the behavior is exactly the same:

1.     start viewing a DVBT channel from HDHR tuner (model w/dual tuners, each tuner configured with 2 max recordings).

2.     after 2.5 minutes in the viewing, frontend starts complaining about not receiving from backend (100ms passed etc.. message)

3.     after 16 seconds later, Frontend bails out with “Video frame buffering failed too many times” back to the menu.

This is totally repeatable at all times and on all channels.

Any ideas on what to do and where to look?

Thanks for your help

Thanos

This e-mail, and any files and attachments transmitted with it, is confidential. It is intended for the sole use of the named recipients(s) only. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify us by replying to this message and then permanently delete it. Any views and opinions expressed are those of the individual author/sender and are not necessarily shared or endorsed by INTRASOFT International SA or any associated or related company. This e-mail transmission is not binding for the purposes of forming a contract and does not form a contractual obligation of any type.