[mythtv-users] Mythpandora unofficial plugin

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 14:53:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:30 PM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Justin Johnson
> <justin.johnson3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure how many people here are using this plugin
>> (https://github.com/dougt/mythpandora) but I just wanted to post that
>> since April 24 it has not been working. I've posted a patch here:
>> http://pastebin.com/PKfkdpJB
>> The patch does two things: fixes a compile error with fixes/0.24 and
>> fixes the encryption key and protocol version to the latest supported
>> by pandora.
>
> Thanks for posting this.  Do you know who to contact re: mythpandora?
> I'm running .23.1 on Gentoo, and can't seem to get the thing compiled
> - it bombs out at:
>
> mythpandora.cpp: In member function âint MythPianoService::Login()â:
> mythpandora.cpp:122: error: âgCoreContextâ was not declared in this scope

I don't know how much it's being maintained, seeing as I've posted a
couple issues to the github repo and not gotten a response from the
owner. I would guess though, that the owner of the repo, dougt, is
probably your best bet for support. https://github.com/dougt
As for your issue, I'm guessing that mythpandora will not build
against 0.23.1. Perhaps looking at the 0.24 source can give you some
insight into what CoreContext does and if you can duplicate that
behavior in your own code.
Or, make sure your include directories are correct, I had an issue
with the mythtv lib headers not being included properly (I think it
was a problem with qmake, but I don't know for sure, I just fixed the
generated Makefile directly).