[mythtv-users] UPnP stream Live TV

Robert Houghton robbadler at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 21:01:13 UTC 2011

I haven't found any recent discussion or activity on the possibility of
streaming live TV to UPnP clients. Does anyone know the current state of
this request, or has anyone made changes that are not in trac or github?

My setup is such that my AV receiver does not have coax-in, and so I cannot
take advantage of multichannel audio in my HD OTA streams when watching
Live. Streaming MythTV recordings to my HTPC will use the 5.1 sound, because
it is through the HTPC HDMI cable. I am aware that this would use up one of
the free tuners, and there would need to be some prioritization of scheduled
recordings vs UPnP streaming of live broadcasts, but it should be possible
to accomplish. So, just fishing for information I guess.

Thanks,
-Robert