[mythtv-users] Cant't sintonize all channels, no consigo sintonizar todos los canales

Christopher Meredith chmeredith at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 14:06:33 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Juanmol <juanmol at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, if i connect the antenna to the TV the signal it's 100%, and sintonize
> a lot of channels. If i connect to a usb sintonizer, Mythtv only find 4~5
> channels. I think mythtv not search correctly dvb-t in Spain, how i can fix
> it?. I've an anplifier to make the test.
>
> Hola, si conecto la antena a la TV, la señal es del 100% y sintoniza muchos
> canales. Si conecto ese mismo cable al sintonizador usb, Mythtv solo me
> encuentra 4~5 canales. Creo que Mythtv no busca correctamente las
> frecuencias o algo similar, como se puede solucionar? Tengo un amplificador
> para hacer pruebas, pero creo que no es necesario.

Others may have more helpful responses, but in my experience, the built-in
MythTV channel scanner has never worked for me. When I need to add cable or
broadcast channels, I use external tools to create a channels.conf file,
then import that to MythTV. I then usually have to go back and manually edit
the database to correct some things.

You can get started by looking at this:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Adding_Digital_Cable_Channels_(For_ATSC/QAM_Tuner_Cards_--_USA/Canada)

Even though that document describes the process in the US and Canada, it can
be used on other standards by changing the appropriate patterns. For
example, after installing DVB Apps, look in the DVB-T folder instead of
ATSC. You'll see several files appropriate to Spain.

Good luck!