[mythtv-users] HDMI Audio Zotac 430 GT

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Sun Mar 20 16:07:31 UTC 2011

From: Scott & Nicole Harris
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2011 11:01 AM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] HDMI Audio Zotac 430 GT

>Well, I turned on that machine this morning to provide you with that info.
>It powered on, but no display, no network lights blinking, not responding
>pings, SSH, etc.  Did some cursory troubleshooting, turns out something on
>the motherboard must have been going bad and when I shut it down last night
>that was it, it decided it was done.  I replaced the motherboard,
>reinstalled Mythbuntu (the current installation was so jacked up from the
>motherboard problems that I couldn't get any network) and I now have HDMI
>audio from my shiny new 430 GT.

It appears I spoke too soon.  It appears to work on and off.  It works, then
for a few reboots it doesn't, then suddenly after a reboot it will again.
It seemed to be good, then I added a .asoundrc file to try to set the
default device for outside of MythTV and that's when audio stop working
completely.  I removed the file and audio came back....however it only seems
to work with random reboots.

aplay -L
null
hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, HDMI 0
    HDMI Audio Output
hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=1
    HDA NVidia, HDMI 0
    HDMI Audio Output
hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=2
    HDA NVidia, HDMI 0
    HDMI Audio Output

cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.24.
Compiled on Mar 20 2011 for kernel 2.6.32-30-generic (SMP).
hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=3
    HDA NVidia, HDMI 0
    HDMI Audio Output