[mythtv-users] HDMI Audio Zotac 430 GT

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Sun Mar 20 15:06:05 UTC 2011

From: Scott & Nicole Harris
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2011 11:01 AM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] HDMI Audio Zotac 430 GT

>Well, I turned on that machine this morning to provide you with that info.
>It powered on, but no display, no network lights blinking, not responding
>pings, SSH, etc.  Did some cursory troubleshooting, turns out something on
>the motherboard must have been going bad and when I shut it down last night
>that was it, it decided it was done.  I replaced the motherboard,
>reinstalled Mythbuntu (the current installation was so jacked up from the
>motherboard problems that I couldn't get any network) and I now have HDMI
>audio from my shiny new 430 GT.

One more thing I was going to ask once I got this sorted and forgot to.
That script I attached works great for installing ALSA, however every time
there is a kernel update of any sort, my machines revert back to 1.0.21.  Is
there any way to permanently install 1.0.24 (aside from the obvious "don't
install kernel updates") so I don't have to keep running that script?

P.S. JYA, I love the new audio interface in your builds.