[mythtv-users] Micro Server and Low Profile Digital Tuner Card

MH Acct mh_acct2 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 19 17:59:21 UTC 2011

Hi folks, I'm finally getting around to setting up MythTV at long last, and I wondered if I could please pick your brains about a couple of things.

I'm wanting to set up a headless server then fire the content over the network to my laptop - I was looking at getting one of these servers as they're cheap with the cashback, this should run fine, correct?
http://www.it247.com/product/1/COMSU...-warranty.html

I am in the UK and want to push the server in between my aerial wall socket and a "normal" digital TV box, so I figured on getting a digital input card with a coaxial input and output - would the output socket usually act like a straight-through socket so that I can just link that to my existing digital box and that can view whatever it wants, irrespective of what the MythTV box is doing, or would I need a splitter?

Also, can anyone recommend any low profile digital tuner cards, please? I want to get an OK one, but not break the bank too much (but I have a decent budget, if necessary).

Thanks for any help you can give me - I'm a techie person but I've been out of the loop on hardware for a while now.

MH