[mythtv-users] Tuner Schedules

Spencer Herzberg spencer.herzberg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 02:50:44 UTC 2011

Hi, is there a way to easily setup schedules for tuners? So that say Tuner A
can't record anything from 5pm to 1am, and Tuner B from 10am to 12pm?

My setup has my master backend in the bedroom and the hd receiver is hooked
up to my tv through my hdpvr. We watch tv at night and the Miss doesn't like
to use the Mythtv frontend for live tv (yet). If I could just schedule that
tuner to not be available between 5pm and 1am, that would be a perfect fix
until I can get her to use the mythtv frontend.

I have tried cron jobs with mythbackend --nosched but it seems that this
will need to rebuild the recording schedules at the time the command is
called which is not quite ideal. I want the tuner to not be available during
certain time slots and this to be reflected in the "Upcoming Recordings"
displays.

Thanks for the help!