[mythtv-users] MCEUSB blasting

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 19:21:45 UTC 2011

Hi all.

Last week I purchased the following mceusb remote with irblaster to
blast to my comcast DAT (pace DC50Xu):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880121002

Anyways on 64 bit gentoo 2.6.32 openvz kernel and lirc-0.8.7 and the
mceusb driver (there is a note that mceusb2 merged into mceusb) I can
receive signals from my remote but it is not transmitting. I tried all
the steps in the mythtv wiki but I can not get it to transmit on
either port.

I thought the ir transmitter was broken (long thin cable) but I just
tried it on a windows 7 machine (good thing a friends pc had a dead
mobo that he needed repaired) and the ir blasting worked after I added
one of my tuners.. The led displays a visible blink while
transmitting. I was unable to see that in linux.

Any ideas how I can debug this? Perhaps I should get a mythubuntu (or
similar) livecd and try that with the friends pc to see if I can get
the blaster working there?

Sorry for being brief. I am typing from my old dell D820 work laptop
and I absolutely hate the keyboard and the random jump feature (while
typing the cursor seems to randomly jump to any place in the text).

--
John M. Drescher