[mythtv-users] tearing my hair out with audio over hdmi

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Wed Mar 9 17:56:46 UTC 2011

On 2011-03-09, at 12:07 PM, Matt Harrison wrote:

> You rebuild the kernel drivers too? I thought they were completely
> seperate...at least, unless your using the old alsa drivers package?

Yes, that's the only thing I rebuilt. The other stuff, libs, utils, firmware is whatever came with my distro. From what I was reading there was a lot of driver work done for hdmi audio between 1.0.23 and 1.0.24.

If, after rebooting, /proc/asound/version says 1.0.24 and you're still not getting sound then I'm giving you a bum steer.

- George