[mythtv-users] tearing my hair out with audio over hdmi

Matt Harrison iwasinnamuknow at genestate.com
Wed Mar 9 17:07:18 UTC 2011

On 09/03/2011 17:03, George Nassas wrote:
> On 2011-03-09, at 11:50 AM, Matt Harrison wrote:
>
>> Was it definately the 1.0.25 drivers? I'm looking on the official alsa
>> page and they only go up to 1.0.24. There aren't even any development
>> versions atm.
>
> Whoops! Sorry, I should not have been writing from memory. The machine had 1.0.23 (? I think) and I upgraded it to 1.0.24 which I got from the alsa site.
>
> There is no debian 1.0.24 package so I built the drivers manually, pulled all the snd-*ko files out of /lib/modules/$(uname -r), installed the new stuff, ran depmod and rebooted.
>
> I know that's a Bad Thing To Do (tm) on a managed system but I was equally stuck and redoing those steps after every kernel update is a small price to pay.

Aah thats ok, I've managed to get 1.0.24 installed from gentoo portage
but after a reboot I don't see any change.

You rebuild the kernel drivers too? I thought they were completely
seperate...at least, unless your using the old alsa drivers package?

I'm on my way to boot up xmbc again to try and see what version is in
use there...and to see if I can see any other differences. Not quite
sure what I'm looking for tho :P

Thanks