[mythtv-users] tearing my hair out with audio over hdmi

Matt Harrison iwasinnamuknow at genestate.com
Wed Mar 9 16:10:47 UTC 2011

On 09/03/2011 15:18, Matt Harrison wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I've googled for days, tried upteen different settings and nearly gone
> bald and I still cannot get audio over hdmi working on this nVidia ION
> chipset. I'm running Gentoo mainly but I have exactly the same result
> with Mythbuntu LiveCD (And I'm just about to try an XBMC livecd just in
> case -- hey, i'm desperate).

Ok, just tried the xmbc livecd and it works out of the box. All I did
was set the output to hdmi.

I'm looking the console at alsa related files to see if i can find what
they are doing differently but I'm not finding much.

Really hoping someone here has an idea so I can get my mythtv box going
properly :)

Thanks

Matt