[mythtv-users] How best to move to git bleeding edge from fedora rpm

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jun 29 00:13:01 UTC 2011

<fixed top posting>

On 06/28/2011 06:34 PM, mythtv wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 17:38 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 06/28/2011 05:17 PM, mythtv wrote:
>>> Mike,
>>> I still need to read through your message below a couple of times, but I
>>> got involved in other things and then I found what appears to be the
>>> source of the problem I am seeing.
>>>
>>> First, I have moved to the git of the stable version, and all is well
>>> (exhaling).
>>>
>>> Part of the problem that I was having was after I edited the cutlist,
>>> the selected video was inverted in the thumbfinder of mytharchive.
>>>
>>> I have noticed that other users of cutlist check the value for CUT_START
>>> and CUT_END, but ThumbFinder (e.g., in ThumbFinder::calcFinalDuration)
>>> just assumes that the first is a START, the second is an END,
>>> alternating until the end of the list.
>>>
>>> Since I had only a END (no start) and a START (no end) in my markups, I
>>> believe ThumbFinder is getting very confused.
>>>
>>> Has the usage of the markup table changed since ThumbFinder was written
>>> in such a way that the assumptions there are no longer valid?
>> Yes.  That is exactly:

> IIUC, http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9389  deals with the script
> that is used to format the cutlist to go out to projectX.  I think the
> problem with the ThumbFinder occurs before that, when the cutlist is
> interpreted to determine thumbnails for the chapter menus.  Fixing the
> projectX script is necessary, but not sufficient.
>
> I was seeing this problem when I was using the native (no projectX) code
> to generate the DVD.
>
> What I see with the markup table as described is the section in the
> middle of the recording in RED and the stuff that I don't want in GREEN,
> opposite of what I want, and before the stuff is sent out to projectX (I
> think).

Well, the point is that MythArchive has not been updated for new delete
map format and #9389 is the ticket we currently have for it.  Until
someone who knows MythArchive and/or digs their way through the code to
create a patch fixes it, you can't make DVDs with MythArchive using cut
lists.

So, that means you could transcode the recording before making the DVD,
then make the DVD with the already-cut recordings (so you don't need
MythArchive to try to interpret the cut list).  Or, you can work your
way through creating a patch and then post it on #9389 or a new ticket.

Mike