[mythtv-users] live TV program overrun causes loss of recording

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Jun 28 17:35:32 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 09:59:51AM -0700, Don Lewis wrote:
> I do all my scheduling in mythweb and enter a lot of custom rules for
> this sort of thing.  I've ended up always just turning off duplicate
> detection for these rules because there have been a number of times when
> the rules have failed to trigger because the scheduler thinks the
> episode has been recorded even though it hasn't.  What's weird is that
> the episode is not highlighted in the listings as having been recorded,
> but if duplicate checking is not totally disabled for the custom rule,
> the scheduler seems to think that the episode is present in both the
> current and previous recordings.  A check of the database doesn't show a
> matching subtitle or description in either table.  This is been on my
> list of things to debug for a very long while, but I haven't managed to
> find the time to delve into it.  Just a heads up ...

I ran into this myself just a week ago.  I think it has something to
do with having a generic episode in the recorded table, but I never
could figure out how the duplicat checking was matching.  I finally
gave up and used single rules for the two missing episodes I wanted
that just happened to be on in the next week.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net