[mythtv-users] live TV program overrun causes loss of recording

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Tue Jun 28 15:27:29 UTC 2011

On 6/28/11 10:58 AM, David Engel wrote:

> What I think we need is an easy and convenient way to create a "Record
> one showing of this EPISODE" rule. The "Custom Edit" menu optioon is
> convenient, but probably isn't easy enough for most users. It would be
> fairly easy to have another menu option create an appropriate
> custom rule for the user, but I'm not sure that's the right way
> either.  Casual users shouldn't have to deal with custom rules, even
> if they are automatcially created.  I think it might be better if a
> "Find this episode" rule was integrated with the other non-custom
> rules.

I agree with you there. If it could also ignore current recordings, that
would be ideal for me. I sometimes end up with a recording that has the
wrong episode information, so what was recorded isn't what was in the
listings. I want to keep the "bad" episode,  but I also need to
re-record the missing one. Currently, there's no easy way to do this,
since the "bad" one gets treated as a duplicate of the rebroadcast.