[mythtv-users] how do I change max recordings?

agraham agraham at g-b.net
Tue Jun 21 19:40:27 UTC 2011

On 06/21/2011 02:43 PM, Per Kofod wrote:
> Hi
>
> On my newly installed mythology HTPC box I have run into a problem:
>
> I have the box configured with 4 tuners (2 internal DVB-C PCI tuner cards,
> and a HDHOMERUN box with 2 tuners) I have configured max simultaneous
> jobs to 4; but if I try to schedule recordings, so I at one point have 3
> recordings
> at the same time, I get a conflict marking.
>
> I have not been able to find a setting for max simultaneous recordings
> anywhere.
>
> Is this a hard limit somewhere in mythTV, or are there a place where I
> can change
> this?
>
> I have no need to use this box for Live TV; but would be able to be able
> to record
> from 4 tuners at the same time, the hardware should be powerful enough
> to handle
> this, as there is not much processing needed for a DVB channel.
>
> Per

Hi Per,

Using more than 8 DVB devices:
------------------------------

I usually, Download V4L from
http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/s2-liplianin,

Run an initial make (this creates the v4l/.myconfig file)

CONFIG_DVB_MAX_ADAPTERS = 8
CONFIG_DVB_MAX_ADAPTERS = 12 in the private config file

re-run make && make install

Using more than 5 tuners/recordings per device in MythTV.

It does seem strange that MythTV limits tuners per device when some
MUXes can have up to
  20 channels on them?, anyway to change this,

Update "Max recordings value from 5 to 20"

mythtv-0.xx/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videosource.cpp

class InstanceCount : public TransSpinBoxSetting
{
   public:
     InstanceCount(const CaptureCard &parent) : TransSpinBoxSetting(1,
5, 1) <-----Change 5 to 20
     {
         setLabel(QObject::tr("Max recordings"));
         setHelpText(
             QObject::tr(
                 "Maximum number of simultaneous recordings this device "
                 "should make. Some digital transmitters transmit multiple "
                 "programs on a multiplex, if this is set to a value
greater "
                 "than one MythTV can sometimes take advantage of this."));
         uint cnt = parent.GetInstanceCount();
         cnt = (!cnt) ? kDefaultMultirecCount : ((cnt < 1) ? 1 : cnt);
         setValue(cnt);
     };
};

In my case my front-end has 24G of RAM and 10G Infiniband for storage
from the front-end to the back end  so I can handle the potential of
recording 240 channels at once :).

One last note, the above settings are changed from mythtv-setup program,
when setting up the DVB device.

Albert.