[mythtv-users] Problem playing Blu-Ray rip

Trey Blancher trey at blancher.net
Tue Jun 21 14:32:16 UTC 2011

I am trying to play a video from my video library (not from a storage
group yet), and it won't play if the script is launched from within
the MythTV frontend.  The frontend just hangs, and I need to use an
external shell to kill the mythfrontend.real process.  Here is the
output of "mythfrontend --version":

MythTV Version   : v0.24.1-20-g7c2c249
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.7.2
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput
using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

I'm using a combined frontend/backend, and the .BDiso file is shared
from my NAS via NFS.  I've also attached my script.  It's designed to
mount a BD ISO file (ripped with SlySoft AnyDVD HD), and then issue a
command to the running frontend (using the network control interface)
to play the root directory of /mnt/iso/.  If the frontend is running,
and I execute the script from a shell outside of the frontend, the
frontend begins to play the video just fine.  I've renamed all the BD
ISOs I have from .iso to .BDiso, so the frontend will select my script
rather than the usual .iso handler.  The command I use for the BDiso
file type is "~/scripts/playbd.sh %s", but I've tried
"/home/mythtv/scripts/playbd.sh %s" and it still doesn't work.  When I
select one of these .BDiso files through the mythfrontend GUI, it
simply hangs, accepting no more keyboard input until I switch to a
running terminal and killall mythfrontend.real.  If I start
mythfrontend in a terminal, the last line of output is always this
when it hangs:

2011-06-21 09:09:01.511 Locking input devices

I don't see any obvious errors or warnings above that, and it doesn't
look like it even tries to execute my script.  I can provide the full
standard output, for the working and non-working cases.  If the
internal player could read BD ISOs directly I wouldn't have this
problem.

Thanks in advance!