[mythtv-users] Recover from bad transcode

Per Kofod per.s.kofod at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 11:42:41 UTC 2011

I had the transcoder profiles set with default values (RTjpeg) ; which
seemed like a bad idea,
on SD content, the pictures looks OK; but the sound runs at twice normal
speed.

Well luckily I had configured mythtv to not delete the original after
transcoding so I still
mave the original with extension .mpg.old, while the transcoded has the
extension .nuv.

If I want to switch back to using the original (untranscoded version) is
it enough to
rename the .mpg.old to .mpg, and change the basename and filesize in the
recorded
table, or are there other changes needed. (and off cause delete the .nuv
file)

Thanks Per