[mythtv-users] Commercial Detection accuracy in Australia?

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Mon Jun 13 22:03:45 UTC 2011

On 13 June 2011 13:11, Vincent McIntyre <vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've had reasonably good accuracy for _part_ of the shows on ch7/9/10.
> What I observe (current 0.24-fixes, but this also happened on 0.21) is
> that part way through playback of a recording, when I reach a commercial
> and hit 'skip' (or whatever the key is), mythtv responds with 'too far'
> and does not skip forward at all.
>
> I haven't taken careful notes to confirm that once we hit a 'too far'
> then none of the commercials are flagged correctly after that; my
> feeling is that it's hit and miss - sometimes a later commercial skip
> will work and sometimes it won't.
>
> I haven't tried transcoding with removals of commercials etc;
> I'm just playing back a recording that mythcommflag has marked up.

I do mannually edit alot of shows, mainly to save space and or to allow easy
exporting out of Handbrake, and I'm not really sure why the commflagging in
Australia is so bad, I'd say 90% of the shows I record conform with the 3
forms of commflag detection but particularly Blank frame and logo detection.

is there anything we can run to debug these issues with the aim of getting
better ad detection?

Cheers,

Anthony