[mythtv-users] Disable screensaver in Fedora 15

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 17:54:52 UTC 2011

Recently upgraded from Fedora 12 to Fedora 15.  My MythTV-0.24.1 is
from atprms.  The machine is a combined master backend/frontend.

Under F12, I always left the machine running, and when people want to
watch TV, they grab the Harmony and select "Watch MythTV".  After the
Harmony sets all the inputs, the main MythTV menu would be displayed.

The problem is that under F15, there is a new X Window manager.  When
people pick up the Harmony and flip on the TV, they see a black screen
with the mythtv username in the top-right corner.  They have to press
a key on the physical keyboard in order for the MythTV menu to show
up.  Pressing any button on the Harmony doesn't work.  Is there anyway
to turn this feature off?

I tried to disable screen blanking, but there is no option to turn it
off, you can only set it to "1 hour" as the highest value.  For me, I
don't need Linux-side screen saving/screen blanking, since people just
turn off the TV when they're done with it.

Thanks!