[mythtv-users] Possible to recover recording group password?

mat mat at lessermatters.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 21:52:19 UTC 2011

>>> mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e 'SELECT * FROM recgrouppassword;'
>>>
>>> Don't tell the kids!
>>>
>>> Then, just use mythfrontend to change the password on the recording
>>> group, again, typing in the old password and leaving the new password
>>> empty.
>> Thanks Mike but I have already tried that and it appears to be an empty
>> table! I should've mentioned that to be honest. mysql returns 'Empty set
>> (0.00sec)' when presented with select * from recgrouppassword.
>>
>> So, I guess short of changing my IP address and machine name(?) I am a
>> tad
>> screwed?
>>
>> Or is it a bug?
>
> If that table is empty, you don't have any recording group passwords.
>
> Also, you said this happens only for recordings made on a specific
> backend?  Recording group passwords aren't host-specific--they apply to
> all recordings in a specific recording group--so, that symptom makes no
> sense.  I think something else is happening.
>
> Is this really in Watch Recordings?  It's not MythVideo, is it?
>
> Mike

Thanks for the help on this Mike. Yes, it's definitely in 'Watch
Recordings'. I only have one backend - the problem only shows up on one
particular frontend.

Strange problem to say the least. My first thought, when I discovered that
table was empty, was that the passwords were stored elsewhere - is this
not the case then? I'm on version 0.23 I believe.

cheers,

mat